The auto-updater add-in is a tool developed by Blue Byte Systems, Inc. to streamline our code delivery process for our SOLIDWORKS PDM customers.
The tool is add-in that allows you to access your custom add-ins and tasks and all their versions.
To install the add-in:
- Download the auto-updater add-in. The link is in your order confirmation. It’s also accessible from the downloads section in your account.
- The auto-updater add-in is a zip archive so make sure to right-click on it and unblock it from the file’s properties before you unzip its content.
- In your administration tool, log into your vault and then go to File > Open and browse to Auto-UpdaterAddInVX.cex (unzipped content).
- Click OK to open the CEX file.
- Drag and drop the auto-updater add-in icon onto the add-ins node in the administration tool. That will add the add-in into the add-ins node.
- Right-click on the add-in and click on Server Credentials…
- Add your server credentials and click on close. Your server credentials are your Blue Byte Systems account credentials.
- Right-click on the add-in and click on Update add-ins…
- This will show the main dialog of the add-in where you can select from the dropdown list the program you would like to install.
- Click on the install button to install the selected add-in.
- The process might take a few moments so please wait.
- You will be prompted at the end to restart your PDM session. This allows your local client to get the new version of the installed add-in.