PDM2EXCEL is a simple yet powerful PDM task add-in that lets you export your PDM BOMs as an xlsx spreadsheet to a location outside or inside your vault. It works with SOLIDWORKS® PDM Professional 2017 or newer.
Demos and Q/A: book one here (Please only use this if you have questions that cannot be answered by the information on this page).
- Export your PDM Bill of Materials to a location in and outside your vault.
- You do not need Microsoft Office to be installed on your computer.
- Format the exported filename like you would in the Print task. You can use configuration names and variables in the filename.
- Export all and/or a specific configuration.
- Ignore the @ configuration.
- Specify which BOM layout to use.
- Include the top-level assembly in the final BOM.
- Export thumbnails as part of the xlsx.
- Export large thumbnails to a pre-defined location.
- An unlimited number of tasks.
- Added support for handling structural members in Bill Of Materials (cut-list).
- Support for virtual components added.
- Can save BOM to the original document folder.
- Hyperlink the file name column.
- Save documents as HTML (Requires eDrawings Professional)
- Process all sub-assemblies