This macro exports Bill of Materials to Excel with thumbnails. You definitely need this one if you are on SOLIDWORKS 2018 or older. When you run the macro, a new session is Excel is opened, the BOM is copied there and a thumbnail preview is created for each of the visible components. You must have Microsoft Office Excel installed to able to use this macro. Be aware that it only works on parts-only BOMs.
To use this macro:
- Open SOLIDWORKS and load a drawing that contains a drawing with a Bill of Materials. Make sure it’s the active document.
- Go To Tools > Macro > New …
- Save this macro to a place of your choice.
- In the VBE, clear up the text area and copy paste the code below.
- In SOLIDWORKS, make sure the Bill of Materials feature is selected and nothing else.
- Click on the green play button to start.
- If a dialog pops up asking you to choose which subroutine to run, select main
- Click on Run.
- The macro will get the bill of Materials and copy it to Excel with thumbnails.
xlBOM with thumbnails$250.00